Sunday, March 01, 2009

Almost Two Months Later ...

I can't believe it's been almost two months since I last posted to this blog. And of course, at that time I was promising holiday updates soon, soon, soon.

I think I also mentioned it was the first day of my phlebotomy course.

Put two and two together and I guess it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the phlebotomy course has taken up WAY more time than I expected and that all the holiday and blog posts I had planned fell way to the bottom of the "to do" list.

I've actually completed 8 weeks (out of 10) of the program and will be graduating on March 13. I feel like I'm waiting to get my life back.

It's not that I'm spending all day in the labs or class and then all evening studying. Far from it. I'm just finding that after 9 hours on my feet and feeling stressed about it all, I come home exhausted and basically collapse on the couch. While the computer might be in my lap, it's for minimal surfing during commercials (or when I wake up from my 5 minute naps that seem to occur frequently between 7:00 and 10:00) -- certainly not for writing blog posts. THAT would require the use of brain cells (gray matter in particular) that seems to be very much lacking these days.

Come the weekends I feel like it's hurry up and try to cram a week's worth of living (read that laundry, shopping, and cleaning -- none of which seem to really be getting done by the way) into two short days. So the blogging? It's not happening.

However, I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and I'm determined to get holiday pictures off my camera -- soon. And catch up on all the important stuff I wanted to blog about -- soon.

And have a life again -- soon.

God help me if I should actually get a job!

No comments: