Sunday, November 29, 2009

No Pictures ... BUT ...

I'm kicking myself (ouch!) that I didn't think to bring my camera with me yesterday morning when I met Marilyn, Fay, and Jill for breakfast at the Hilton Diner. Talk about going back to happy times with some good friends ...

Fay was in town for the holiday and her 30th class reunion so we snagged her and made her get up early and meet us. Even though the waitress couldn't seem to get her order right (well, that first omelet was most certainly right. Unfortunately someone else got it who probably DID want mushrooms and peppers. The second attempt wasn't too difficult to maneuver was it? Picking the mushrooms and peppers out?) And at least the pie could be put in a box ...

Anyway, we had fun chatting for a few hours. We were so glad that Jill could get herself ready and to the diner lickety split after both Marilyn and I forgot to call her with the details. Oops. Sorry about the mix-up Jill!!

So after hearing all about what's been happening in Fay's life (she is very happy these days!) Marilyn dropped me off and I proceeded to accomplish a whole lot of nothing before going to Marilyn and Bill's house last night for snacks, Taboo, and Scrabble. After lots of laughs, too many snacks, and not enough sleep --

I am now getting ready for birthday waffle time. Still don't know if Josh and Jess will be joining us but hopefully we'll be able to celebrate Mom's birthday with a few of us here. We'd love to see William today.

I am planning on a full afternoon of laundry, shopping, and filling up garbage cans. Hopefully some cleaning will also get done. We had the piano tuned the other day and it sounds wonderful. Now we just have to figure out the best place to list it.

Enough of this for now. Maybe there will be some birthday pictures to post later :)

No comments: