Sunday, September 25, 2011

William's Third Birthday!

We had a fast but fun weekend in Rochester over Labor Day to celebrate William's third birthday. I can't believe three years have already flown by since the day he first entered our lives.

We arrived in town late Friday night -- traffic was terrible and very slow. Guess everyone had the same idea that we had, trying to skip the Saturday traffic. We stayed with Bree that night (she's willing to stay up for late night arrivals!) and were up early for a full day of activity on Saturday.

We took Bree to Perkins for breakfast -- but then we were off. Bree had massage clients and was anxious to get back home to work on William's cake afterwards. We wanted to get out to visit our moms.

I dropped Dave off at his mother's place and then headed out to see Mo. Josh met me there with the kids! That was a nice treat although I didn't get many pictures. Will brought his lunch ...


and Mo got her picture taken with Delilah (and me ... )


Next Dave and I headed for Josh and Jessica's house for a little grandparents celebration. Josh cooked out on the grill -- omgoodness! Chicken, ribs, pulled pork. He really went to town and it was incredible. Jessica made Dinosaur's version of Mac and Cheese to go with it. Sooo good ...

Will loved his gifts:







Sunday was party day -- we were up bright and early. Bree said she could use a hand with the cake (just coloring the frosting for her to use on the detail work) so I headed over there.





Here's the finished cake:



And a couple pictures of Dan and Renee -- just to prove they were there!





I'm making up a little video of the party that I'll post shortly.

No comments: