Friday, December 09, 2011

It's Coming On Christmas ...

"they're cutting down trees. They're putting up reindeer and singing songs of joy and peace. Oh I wish I had a river I could skate away on ..."

One of my favorite Christmas songs. Kind of sad though, and I must admit, I'm feeling kind of blue this Christmas. We've yet to decorate the house, our shopping is only partially done, we're not even sure yet if we'll be able to make it to Rochester over the holidays ... so it's all a little depressing.

So I'm hoping that the weekend brings with it some holiday cheer -- with a tree up in the loft and holly on the mantel. Maybe we'll be able to finish up the shopping and find a holiday craft show or Christmas concert to attend. At least Green Bay is going to be televised on Sunday afternoon -- I could pick up some Christmas cards and work on getting them addressed and in the mail during the game. And perhaps putting together a Christmas playlist for the iPod will brighten my spirits.

Thanksgiving was tough. Christmas seems like it's going to be even more so ... I miss the family and being there to celebrate this season with Will and Delilah. Crossing my fingers we'll be able to make a trip in to see them.


No comments: