Sunday, October 23, 2005

Dinner at Bellancas Portside


What better way to spend a rather cold and rainy Saturday night in Rochester than having dinner with good friends?


Dave and I met up with Kathy and Clint List and Steve and Marie Horton (our long-time friends but new in-laws!) at Bellancas Portside Restaurant in Charlotte last night. What a nice, cozy place to have dinner... soft lights, lots of picture windows that allow for a great view of the lake and river, and a beautiful stone fireplace. Last night just a menagerie of candles kept the fireplace lit but it made for wonderful atmosphere. We'll definitely go back!

Since Kathy's been craving artichokes for the past several weeks, we all shared an appetizer of Artichokes French. Since I'd ordered Chicken French for dinner, I knew I was in for a treat when I tasted the artichokes. And I wasn't disappointed. My dinner was delicious, served over Angel Hair. Dave had the same and totally agreed.

Everyone seemed to enjoy their dinner and the chance to catch up on what we'd all been doing. After a relaxing dinner, we headed back to the List's house for some dessert and kisses from Scrunt (their "almost as adorable as Rascal" dog). We got to see a beautiful slideshow of their recent family trip to Hawaii and do a little more visiting.

What a great evening! And the host at Bellancas was nice enough to take this picture to help us remember the occasion...

1 comment:

Dave Paine said...

I have to agree. It was a very fun evening and the grub was delicious! We're (Barbie and I) are definitely going back! It was nice going back to the Lists' house for desert and a nice chat.