Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Christmas Bug Strikes Again ...

Late Christmas night, poor Dave was hit by what we had now dubbed "The Christmas Bug". It lasted for a couple days and it was wicked.

Poor Bree was hit as well ... but not nearly as bad. She mostly had body aches and chills. Lucky -- if you can call it that.

Needless to say the plans to get together as a family with Mom on Saturday flew out the window. I felt like I'd been spared since I was still feeling half-way decent. Meanwhile the Country Place Paines were definitely under the weather.

I went to work on Monday but wasn't feeling great. Just a queasy stomach here and there. Still I thought I'd just gotten off with a touch of the bug. Ha!

Later that night I got to experience the gift that everyone else in the family has already enjoyed ... and yuck. It was NOT fun.

Monday night and Tuesday are kind of a blur but I'm feeling better today (Wednesday.) Still -- I didn't go to work and I sensed they weren't too thrilled about that but it hasn't been until this evening that I've actually started to feel somewhat normal. I'll be going in tomorrow and praying that Shannon hasn't come down with this yucky bug ... and there I'll be working on New Year's Eve all alone!

We are hoping to get together with the Twin Oak Paines tomorrow evening to finally give William his gifts and then with any luck we'll head out to see Mo on Friday afternoon.

Now -- the new year is upon us and there is SO much to do! Is it even possible that we'll be ready to have appraisers and inspectors in here any time soon?

No comments: