Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Next Up ... Jim Brickman

A couple months ago I saw that Jim Brickman was coming to Rochester with his holiday tour. I thought this might be a really special treat for Dave and I to enjoy. We seldom put enough time aside to just sit back and take in the sights and sounds of Christmas and this seemed like a perfect opportunity.


I am so glad I bought the tickets when I did. We had great seats. And the show was fantastic.

Jim played a lot of holiday songs but also included a lot of old favorites. There were several songs from his new "Beautiful World" CD as well.

The show featured several other artists -- Tracy Silverman who played the electric violin (absolutely beautiful but one display of his Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, and Metallica abilities was plenty) as well as vocalist Anne Cochran. Mark Masri (what an incredible tenor) was also part of the show.

While Silverman's violin was beautiful and the vocals were great -- I wish there had been more of just "Jim" playing piano ... without accompliment by others. The songs he played on stage by himself were the best part of the show as far as I'm concerned. There really wasn't a need to devote so much of the concert showcasing the talents of his guests (Silverman in particular.)


All in all it was a wonderful evening. I thoroughly enjoyed the concert and will enjoy listening to his CDs all the more having seen him in person.

No comments: