Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sweet Indulgence!


I've been following Sweet Indulgence on Facebook for a while now. I think I first caught a glimpse of their heavenly cupcakes when I happened to land on Heidi Hope Photography's website and (wisely) decided to "like" their page.

Since then I've been treated to almost daily doses of confectionery sweetness -- at least as far as my eyes were concerned. Kerri Cupcake, the owner of Sweet Indulgence, either takes incredible pictures or has her good friend Heidi helping her out. Either way, it's been in the back of my mind that one of these days I would finagle a way to taste one (ok -- several) of those cupcakes for real.

And -- Saturday was cupcake day!

Dave and I decided to keep working on our list of places we want to visit before the cold weather sets in and this weekend we decided to head to Providence, Rhode Island. We had been there during the winter months to visit Roger Williams Park. We loved the park but it was so cold that we knew we should head back in better weather to really take in the park's beauty. Since Warwick (where Sweet Indulgence is located) is basically a suburb of Providence, I didn't have too much trouble convincing Dave that it was a worthy stop to include in our travels.

What we found was so wonderful. It was more than I expected; actually better than I expected, and I'm just so very happy we stopped.


The entrance to Sweet Indulgence. Notice the little spots to sit and enjoy a cupcake
or ice cream right out front? The painted tabletops are just adorable!

The shop is so sweet -- all decked out in pink, white and chocolate-brown decor. It had a sweets shop appearance and appeal to it that's hard to describe. Since most of the pictures I'd seen online were actually of cupcakes, I had no idea the storefront would be so nice and so inviting. Check it out!


Aren't those polka dots, checkered floor, and soda parlor stools adorable?
I just loved the color scheme!
How did they know Tootsie Rolls are my favorite candy? 

Such pretty displays. Everything there looked so yummy!

The candy apples were so pretty and a perfect fall treat.

This is Kerri's sweet mom. She took extra special care to make our visit perfect!

I didn't realize that Sweet Indulgence is not just cupcakes! Kerri typically sells ice cream, homemade candies, homemade candy apples and all sorts of other sugary delights. Did I mention she makes cakes too? 

Our visit seemed perfectly timed because we were the only people there for a few minutes and we had a chance to talk with Kerri's mom (whose name I never did get, but "Sweetheart" would fit her perfectly!) We told her about how I followed the shop on Facebook and we had driven down from Massachusetts just so I could try a cupcake (well, and visit Providence. Secondary, I assure you.) She gave us cake ball samples (delicious!!) and let us taste the chocolate coconut candies that Dave was eyeing (they were even better than either of us expected!)

We left with enough sugar to fuel us for a couple of days -- I picked up six cupcakes (raspberry, mint chocolate, and  toffee nutella -- all of them scrumptious!) and Dave bought some candy and a chocolate-dipped Twinkie. Seriously. 

You thought I was kidding about the chocolate dipped Twinkies didn't you? 

Don't they look scrumptious? Believe me -- they were!

See those pretty pink boxes behind Kerri's mom in the picture above? My cupcakes looked beautiful all wrapped up in one. I kind of hated to open up the box (LOL -- for all of about a minute! Isn't that what cameras are for? Preserving memories?)

Total pampering. I love it! 

Suffice it to say, I loved my trip to Sweet Indulgence. And so did Dave. In fact, he thinks we should make it a regular Saturday treat! If only ... !


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Barbara!!! Such a SWEET post!!! So sorry I missed you :( Hope to catch you and your hubby next time!!!- I am so delighted you enjoyed your visit!!! Kerri Cupcake