Sunday, October 11, 2009

Potato Chowder and Chat ...

Dave and I had a wonderful evening catching up with Mark and Mary last night. Mary went to town and made a pot of chili AND potato chowder. Comfort food at it's best!

I opted for the potato chowder (what good Irish girl wouldn't?) and it was superb. Dave had a bowl of each (no surprises there either!) I brought my camera with me thinking I would take some pictures but it was forgotten next to my shoes (and is still sitting there as I type this. I'll need to stop there on the way to JJ&W's today to retrieve it!) So -- this picture is a somewhat fair representation of what my taste buds experienced (but I'm sure it isn't nearly as good!)


We had fun chatting about all the latest news -- Dave's decision to accept the job transfer, our anniversary trip to Gettysburg, William, and all the new TV shows. I think we've been convinced to give "GLEE" a try. Must remember to set the DVR for Wednesday night to record it. We have some catching up to do before jumping in.

And since I forgot to take any pictures, I'm going to steal a recent one from Mary's photo album on FB and include it here ... just because it's so nice to see those smiling faces :)


A wonderful evening with friends.

1 comment:

Dave Paine said...

The soup and salad was great. We had a really nice time.