Saturday, November 08, 2008

Accepted ...

I received a letter in the mail today from the director of the RGH School of Phlebotomy saying that I had been accepted into their program! I'm so excited (and a tad bit nervous) to see what this experience will bring.

I'll be starting January 5th which is perfect. The holidays will be done, I'll be home while Daniel and Meghan are here, and with any luck at all the weather will cooperate so I don't get freaked out driving to who knows where every morning.

The way the program is laid out, I'll be at RGH one day a week for lectures and the rest of the week I'll be doing my clinical internship at one of the viahealth labs. The outpatient collection labs are located all over Rochester so one week I might be in Greece, the next in Victor. I know this will give me a chance to observe lots of different phlebotomists and learn "the art of phlebotomy."

There's still some paperwork to take care of but I'm on Cloud 9 knowing that I'm getting the chance to have this experience!

No comments: