Sunday, November 16, 2008

Babysitting Will




Jessica went back to work this past week and the grandmas have stepped in to take care of William while she and Josh are at work. What a thrill it is to be able to spend so much quality time with William and to really get to know him.

Marie watched William on Monday (which I'm sure was a tough day for Jess) and Wednesday and I watched him on Thursday and Friday. Since Tuesday was Veteran's Day, there was no school, which I'm sure made the transition back to working a tad bit easier for Jessica.

We're getting into a routine and I'm starting to feel like I can read Will's signals for what he wants a little bit better. He's been pretty tolerant of my camera clicking and requests for "just a little smile!" More than anything, I've just loved being able to snuggle with him and give him kisses all day long.

I'll only be able to help out with the daytime care until Christmas time because of starting the phlebotomy program at RGH so I'm going to thoroughly enjoy every minute of this time I can spend with William. I'm just so thankful that Marie is in a position to be able to care for William full time after that. Dave and I will have to settle for evenings and weekends but that's ok. Any time with William is a blessing!

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from our first day together ...





No comments: