Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Putting It All Back Together ...

The carpeting looks great but the house looks like a cyclone hit. I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever have everything back where it belongs.

I had expected to be gone all day babysitting William but he has been so fussy the past few days that neither Josh or Jessica have gotten much sleep. So today they called into work and stayed home to get the rest they desperately needed. End result? Hopefully a happier baby and a more rested mom and dad. No need for me to go and help out today.

That meant I could start to tackle some of the cleaning and organizing jobs that have been piling up. I did a fast vacuum of the living room and dining room -- which was a little difficult because the carpeting was still just a tad bit wet. I vacuumed and wiped down the drapes and then Bree and I organized the dishes in the dining room hutch.

After lunch I took off to get fabric to make curtains for the guest room and the master bathroom and to stop in at Lowes for paint. Yep, that's right. I decided that I just couldn't live with the color in the master bathroom and plan to repaint it just as soon as possible. I'm hoping to get started this weekend since I know Dave is planning to tackle the main bathroom. With any luck we'll be in good shape by Sunday evening.

While I was gone Bree straightened up the hutch in the family room and put up the Christmas tree. She also brought up the totes that have all the powder room Christmas decor in it so within the next couple days I'm going to get that done.

There's still a zillion things to do in order to be ready for company next Saturday. YES -- NEXT SATURDAY!!!! It's coming fast and while we can't wait for Dan and Meg to arrive, there's a whole lot of stuff that needs to get done between now and then.

Think I'll call it a night and get some sleep. I have a feeling I'm going to need it!

No comments: